Skills Summary is an easy to use online tool that measures the skills young people gain by participating in non-formal education, such as volunteering, youth work and other out-of-school opportunities.
Skills Summary builds confidence in young people, so that they can better communicate the value of these essential skills to future employers.
Why use Skills Summary?
- Assess your career skills, including communication skills, interpersonal skills and more
- Identify your key strengths in your career, and areas that need development
- Develop your job interview skills
- Build an online profile to track your career progress
- Gather endorsements to help develop a winning CV
- Do all of the above for free!
Who is Skills Summary for?
- Everyone working on or interested in their personal/professional skill development
- Skills Summary is in particular tailored to young people aged 16-25
- Youth workers and others, within their role supporting young people’s skill development
Want to learn more?
Information for youth workers
Skills Summary is both a process and a product. As a process it aims to support young people’s learning, with a particular focus on those who may find traditional academic learning challenging, by helping them to map the learning acquired through their participation in youth work and other non-formal settings to a set of competences. As a product, Skills Summary will support young people to articulate the competencies they have acquired both for themselves and potential employers.
Skills Summary supports the dialog between a young person and a youth worker or mentor. It can be used as a self-assessment and self-reflection tool for young people and as a measurement tool for organisations.
Visit our Skills Summary Resources page for helpful resources and inspiration about how to include Skills Summary in your youth work practice:
- Skills Summary Guide – how to use the tool in different youth work settings
- Skills Summary Manual – overview of the basic features of the tool
- How to measure the impact of youth work with Skills Summary
- Skills Summary Offline Version
- Videos about how Skills Summary works and helps
- and more…
Do you want to get more familiar with the tool?
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
You are interested in using Skills Summary with your young people? If you would like to receive more information about how to use Skills Summary and hear about resources and training opportunities, please complete the form below.
Skills Summary is the result of a collaborative project between the National Youth Council of Ireland, Accenture and SpunOut.ie. It is funded by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth and recognised as a measurement tool in the Youth Employability Initiative.